This is one of our favourite Indian chinese dish. Just like Gobi manchuri, boneless chicken is deep fried and covered in thick sauce just before serving. It’s a yummy dish that goes well with plain rice or fried rice or noodles
2 Chicken Fillets about 1 ½ lb or 750gms
One medium size onion
1 medium size capsicum
1 teaspoon coriander leaves chopped
For the marinade
¾ inch piece of ginger
5-6 garlic cloves
1-teaspoon pepper powder
1-tablespoon soya sauce (I like Kikkoman brand)
5 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons rice flour
For the sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1table spoon rice vinegar
8 green chillies (thai/indian) if you don’t like it spicy you can pick other variety, which are not so hot or reduce it to 3 green chillies.
2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
½ cup water
Grind onion, garlic, and ginger into a fine paste. Keep ½ of the paste for adding later
Chop chicken into small squares
Add soya sauce, pepper powder and half of the onion, ginger garlic paste to the chicken
Add ½ teaspoon of salt, as soya sauce is already salty.
Marinate the chicken for ½ an hour in the refrigerator.
Add cornstarch and rice flour just before frying to the chicken. No need to add the water.
Heat the oil on medium heat and fry the chicken, crispy in batches, set it aside.
Mix cornstarch with 5 tablespoons of water and keep aside. Mix all the other ingredients for sauce.
- Chop the onion and capsicum into 1-inch squares
- Heat up the wok on medium heat, add the onion ginger garlic paste that was set aside.
- Fry it until brown, do not burn.
- Add onion and capsicum pieces, fry for 2 minutes, and try keeping it still crispy.
- Stir the sauce and add it to the wok, it will start to thicken.
- Add coriander leaves and stir.
- Add fried chicken toss it well. Serve immediately with rice/ noodles
- If the dish is not going to be served immediately, make the sauce and turn off the heat. You can just reheat the sauce with 2 spoons of water and mix fried chicken just before serving. That way chicken remains crispy.
- If you don’t like it spicy, reduce the green chillies to 3 and increase the honey by ½ teaspoon.
- For children I serve crispy chicken as it is, without sauce.
- For those who like super spicy food add few more chopped green chillies to the sauce.
Mouth-watering! Loving the color ❤
Thank you Jyoti 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person